[meteorite-list] The Denver Show!!!

From: Bob Loeffler <bobl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:55:25 -0600

Hi Shawn,

A couple of the shows have already opened to the public, including the
Colorado Mineral and Fossil Show at the Holiday Inn which opened today.
There are usually several meteorite dealers at that show. Their website is:
http://www.mzexpos.com/colorado_fall.htm

The Denver Gem and Mineral Show (some people call it the "main show" or the
"club show") opens to the public on Friday morning at 9am. This one has one
meteorite dealer (Meteorhall) and is located at the Denver Merchandise Mart.
The show's website is: http://www.DenverMineralShow.com

And KD Meteorites is at the Coliseum Show again this year. That show's
website is: http://www.coliseumshow.com

I don't think any of the other shows in Denver will have any meteorites, but
I could be wrong.

As for a sneak peek of the hottest items, I'll have to leave that up to the
other listoids. I won't be able to make it to the others shows because I'll
be working at the main Show until Sunday.

Hopefully some people will take photos of the meteorites and people in
Denver. I hope to go to the COMETS Auction and Party on Friday night. If I
do, I'll try to take photos and then put them on the COMETS website (link
below).

Oh, I met John Kashuba today at the Colorado School of Mines' Geology Museum
Open House tonight. Very nice guy. Anne Black, Dan Wray and his wife were
also there, along with at least 100 other people who love rocks, minerals,
gems (and I'm sure meteorites too). Dan Wray helped set up the meteorites
displays at the museum over the past year and they look wonderful, so if you
are in the Denver area for the Show, or later on, check out the School of
Mines Geology Museum. It's FREE every day.

Regards,

Bob Loeffler
COMETS (COlorado METeorite Society)
http://www.peaktopeak.com/comets/

Webmaster and Asst. Dealer Chairman
Denver Gem and Mineral Show
http://www.DenverMineralShow.com

Field Trip Chairman and Webmaster
North Jeffco Gem & Mineral Club (Arvada, CO USA)
http://www.peaktopeak.com/njeffco/index.php

Check out the largest Colorado Rockhounding website at:
http://www.peaktopeak.com/colorado/index.php3