[meteorite-list] AD - Cape York & Esquel for sale

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:34:13 -0700

Hello All,
I decided to make a purchase of my own and need to raise some funds
fairly quickly.
As such, I'm offering the following pieces for sale.

Cape York - 46 gram part slice with troilite inclusion.
There are a number of mm-sized troilites visible upon close
inspection, as well as two small graphite inclusions in the larger
troilite bleb.
This piece was purchased directly from the Southwest Meteorite Lab,
and will be snet in the original riker case with the label.
Asking $5/g = $235

Esquel - 11.5 gram square slice. It's a beauty, and they don't cut
them like this anymore. It's thicker than any slices I've seen in
several years, and the olivine is actually *green.* Green as in a
dark olive-green colour. Thinner slices look pale and yellow in
comparison.
I'd take $30/g for it - $345 Larger slices tend to go for $20+/g, so
I think that's fair - it's a real gem of a piece with no rust or
scratches. It, like the Cape York, looks to be a slice from the deep
interior of the meteorite.

I don't think I need to say much - both of these pieces speak for themselves:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calimeteoritefinder/sets/72157624841590031/

Free shipping in the US at my asking prices...talk to be about
elsewhere, or be prepared to pay $10 or so for international...

Thanks,
Jason