[meteorite-list] Meteorite Update, Very Important Serious- AD

From: John higgins <geohiggins_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Good Day to you all,
http://stores.ebay.com/Outer-Space-Rocks

As you know for some time I have been able to provide .99 starting bids and free
shipping on my auctions for quite some time now in my e-bay store
OuterSpaceRocks. However I would like to note that the supply of Meteorites from
North West Africa has dramatically declined recently, if not come to a
standstill altogether. Prices have already doubled, and tripled in some cases,
and the meteorites that I am selling cannot be replaced. The Nomads are actively
trying to buy back meteorites from the Moroccan dealers, in expectation that
prices will soon skyrocket. Currently the prices being paid in Morocco exceed
any prices paid in the USA over the last 4 years. I'm sure the spike in the
price of gold, and the global rush to buy hard assets and avoid paper currencies
has exacerbated the situation creating a insatiable demand that has finally run
NWA dry of it's Meteorites. Now I don't want to get anyone excited, and I know
we have all heard this was going to happen for the last decade, but it seems the
music has finally stopped playing and the lights are on, looks like the show is
just about over folks. I also believe that there may be some undercurrents that
have masked the severity of the situation, that being many well known dealers
liquidating inventories to raise cash in this tough economic environment, as
well as changes in eBay policies. There are multiple factors I believe have only
temporarily and artificially deflated the prices of Meteorites.

What is being done?

First of all you will see dealers raising prices dramatically, I have already
started the process, and have been keen to watching others do so as well.

Secondly corners are going to have to be cut, I'm not sure if I can continue to
provide free shipping and .99 starting bids. But I will continue to do so until
it becomes financially unsustainable, currently my sales are indeed on the brink
of that threshold, and in many cases, once you figure in, my cost, eBay fees,
packaging supplies and shipping fees I am paying most buyers to take away my
most precious meteorites. Please don't forget about my time and commitment it
takes to provide you the buyer with a first class experience and nicely prepared
meteorite slice with no saw marks, it is my insatiable passion, and love for
meteorites that has kept me going this long. Just like you have seen dealers
slices get smaller and smaller over time, this is a trend that will take hold
and become more apparent. No longer will you see nice Complete slices for sale
or large pieces of rare meteorites at affordable prices.

Currently I am having a sale that will end Thursday and Friday of this week.
Consisting of 17 meteorite Auctions started at .99 with free shipping
I would like to take this time to point out some incredible deals that should
not be overlooked,

For Example: There is a 1.478kg Meteorite that cost me over $250 and can easily
run me another $50 in shipping fees, this meteorite will have cost me over $300
cannot be replaced, has beautiful remaglypts and a incredible matrix and is
currently at the insane low price of $36 with less than 24 hours to go. I do not
think you will see this quality of material start at .99 ever again, that is if
you are lucky enough to find someone willing to part with it.

All my other auctions are currently at giveaway prices, giving me dramatically
negative returns.

I encourage you to please stop by my ebay store, take a look, and consider
bidding:
You can find all the meteorites in my ebay store entitled OuterSpaceRocks by
copying and pasting either of the two links below.
 http://shop.ebay.com/meteoritehunting/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4026&rt=nc&_ipg=&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

http://stores.ebay.com/Outer-Space-Rocks
Thank You,
Have a Great Day!