[meteorite-list] Other hobbies?

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:45:06 +0000

Most of the things I do are too diffuse to count as hobbies:

Home improvement (DH and I have an agreement: he keeps the computers happy, and I keep the house going.)

Reading. I work in a library, and have first dibs on all new material. 'Nuff said!

Paintball, although we haven't played for many years now.

War-, computer, and role playing games. We have a weekly gaming session, plus online gaming.

I collect semiprecious gems as well as meteorites, but not seriously.

I also do various craft-type things, as diverse as quilting, wood carving, printmaking and jewelry making.

Astronomy, especially promoting it to children. Next week, I've arranged for telescope time on one of the big Haleakala telescopes via the Maui branch of the Institute for Astronomy (UH), to be controlled through an Internet connection and viewed at our library. This will be the 4th time we've done this, and it's a real crowd pleaser.

That's all I can think of for now.

Best!
Tracy Latimer