[meteorite-list] AD-Large (?) Rare Specimens-Still No Reserves!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:12:12 -0400

Hi List,

As a relative late comer, I can't imagine a meteorite market without
Hupe eBay auctions. They are a staple of the scene and I think many
collectors may take them for granted. If I had the surplus cash at
the moment, I'd be bidding up a storm on these auctions, trying to buy
up all the little micros and crumbs I can get. I think many of the
"Meteorites 2.0" generation have cut their teeth on these auctions and
it will be shame to see them go if the Hupes pull the plug on them.
But it's only a matter of time. eBay keeps squeezing and squeezing
it's sellers for every drop of blood they can get - afterall, CEO's
need those big bonuses so they can run for public office once they run
their company into the ground. What will the next Meg Whitman do if
he/she can't fund their political campaign with our final value fees?

I've said many times before - it's a buyer's market right now. If you
have the money, spend it - you won't regret it later. The value of
these specimens has nowhere to go but up.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com