[meteorite-list] GoogleEarth & GPS in Meteorite Hunting

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:07:00 -0700

Hi all,
        I have come to realize there is a crucial tool for meteorite
Hunting that I have yet to hear of anyone using: iPad using
"Google Earth" with the GPS coordinates.
        To use this tool in the field, you must have one of the
Models with G3 capability. That said, you can not only locate
Coordinates easily, you can SEE the area you are searching
With great clarity - and also check any "Utube" videos of other
Hunts in the given area, and any other information you may
Want from the internet WHILE you are in the field, the price
Sounds compelling, since I hear the better GPS units start at
about $200 and the cheaper ones are at least $100.
        I have located the cheapest method of purchasing a unit. It goes
from $629- with FREE shipping to $829 depending on Gigabytes you
Desire, so and have decided to provide a link from my site.
        However, the best anyone can explain me is the more gigabytes
you have the more movies and videos you can STORE on the device,
so, personally, I see little to be gained by spending the additional $
for more gigs unless you, personally make a LOT of videos and want
all of them on your iPad. Otherwise, any other source can be accessed
by the device, so, why store it IN the device? Perhaps I am wrong
here, if so, would someone on the list please clarify additional advantages
To purchasing massive Gigs on this unit.
        Regardless,

1) Go to:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/

2) Click on the RED banner ad: "Sales and Freebies" left of
The Banner Ad for IMPACTICA.

3) On the new page, near the top, click on "iPad"

4) On the newer page, again click on "iPad"

5) On this page, scroll down to "iPad Starting at $499" go to
The right of it and UNDER "On Line Store" click on "Buy Now"
(this will NOT be committing you to any purchase)

6) you will now be on a page offering the lowest prices for
An iPad possible:

16GB1
* Ships: Within 24hrs
* Free Shipping