[meteorite-list] OT - "Those we must remember"

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

Off topic, but due to the nature of this day I feel the need to post.

Not often do I share what I write, usually I just stick them away in my little folder marked "pure feelings and thoughts" where they remain.
I wrote this the day of 9/11 and after 9 years of keeping it to myself, here it is.

"The ones we must remember"

First it sounded like thunder
soon an evil terror filled the skies
millions watched in horror
sitting in silence, tears filled our eyes.

Most of us felt helpless
looking on as hundreds have died
We all share the tears
The friends and family of the missing have cried

The ones we must remember
The new widow at the age of 23 crying in her now half empty bed
The mother whos only childs future shined brightly ahead
The little innocent girl who now sits alone, would you want to tell her mommies not coming home?

I wrote this the day of 9/11 while I was struggling with depression set on by the sad and terrible events I was watching.
As you all read this, know this was my way to release the feelings I felt and that for me to share one of my writings is not something I normally do.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites