[meteorite-list] September Issue of Meteorite Times Now Up

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 09 Sep 2010 19:40:24 UT

Rob L. kindly wrote:

> Thanks Paul and Jim! I think your Meteorite-Times is one of those initiatives
> here on the List, that is very much appreciated, but doesn't get the explicit
> appreciation it deserves.

Hello Rob and List,

I couldn't agree more! Special thanks also to "Chuck" whose September contribution
about NWA 2377 (L3.7) prompted me to once again put my 5.1-gram slice under the
microscope and enjoy visually walking over it!

Here is my description of this little partslice:

Partslice purchased from the Hup?s that displays well-defined chondrules large and
small. The smaller chondrules are closely packed and there is abundant troilite. One
chondrule found with thin troilite channels traversing it. NWA 2377 is rich in porphy-
ritic chondrules that contain abundant, translucent light-green hypersthene crystals.

Cheers,

Bernd