[meteorite-list] ASU suspends public meteorite identification program

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:40:26 -0700

I would think a "paid" meteorite identification service might alleviate
some of the burden of abuse. This would have a screening effect on those
that would normally be adamant that their Earth rock is a meteorite even
in the presence of evidence it's not. People that won't take no for an
answer probably wouldn't spend money to have it examined professionally
in the first place. Supplement your time with a small fee. This will
weed out those in denial.

Eric