[meteorite-list] Witnessed fall lunars?

From: Melanie Matthews <miss_meteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

<"Mars is farther away and not protected by a companion and its closer to the
asteroid belt so it receives many more impacts than the moon."

Not "many more." Only a factor of two greater for Mars, but the average
velocity of the impactors is only 60% as great.>

To add, the side of the Moon that always faces away from Earth would be just as
vulnerable to bombardment as Mars is..

-Melanie
IMCA: 2975
eBay: metmel2775
Known on SkyRock Cafe as SpaceCollector09

I eat, sleep and breath meteorites 24/7.