[meteorite-list] Nemesis

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:26:33 -0700 (PDT)

I Just read "Rocks from space" and in the end of the book they mention Nemisis in the ort cloud as being an red dwarf with a cycle of 26 to 30 million years. The idea of a multiple system for us is very intriguing. But a spheer of comets above a disc does not make much sence for a binary system. I Propose a triple system. The dopplar shift of our system hints at there being a mass 1/5th the size of our sun as missing from the solar system. In an binary system this mass should be in the solar disck.which doesnt explain the ort cloud. If we are in a triple system. With one red dwarf or mass 1/10th the size of our sun in orbit period of 13 to 15 million years. Causing a wobble in the solar disk. The ort cloud would be like a soccer ball sitting on the edge of the disk being rotated every 26 to 30 million years. With its red dwarf mass near the center of the cloud. And also with a mass 1/10th of the mass of the sun for the ort cloud. A triple system also
 explains the minor extinction events that happen.