[meteorite-list] anyone know Steven Curry? LUNAR METEORITE STORY

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:39:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dear Editor,

Being in the business of disseminating news to the public you must be concerned that your reporting be factual. I don't take any pleasure in stating, unequivocally, that the statements made by Mr. Curry as to his having found a lunar meteorite containing fossilized life forms are patently ludicrous.

By not checking the story out with recognized experts....say at your local institution of higher learning's geology, or astrophysics. department, the on Channel 8 news team has been victimized by a hoax and made a laughing stock in scientific circles. More importantly, your viewers have been grossly misinformed.

The gentleman may honestly believe he has found meteorites, but he is deluded. The samples shown on the televised reports are so "meteorwrong", as to "meteorite", that meteoriticists and collectors who viewed the apecimens guffawed.

Journalists being fed phony "I found extra-terrestial life" stories happen far to often and these publiahed fabrications make things difficult for those pursuing livelyhoods in the aquisition and classification of meteorites, and those who are engaged in publicizing accurate peer reviwed information.

As a member, but not acting as a formal representative, of the International Meteoritical Society and the International Meteorite Collectors Association, I respectfully ask that your news team investigate more thoroughly this gentleman's extraordinary claims using the free resources of these respected organizations. I would be happy to point you toward the information sources that would shed light on the accuracy of the claims.

The mere fact that NASA wasn't banging on this chap's front door should have given reporters cause to seek further confirmation.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/25571622/detail.html

Sincerely,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536