[meteorite-list] Finding fossil Meteorites

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:46:20 -0700

All:

Why does it have to be Ordovician Limestone?? Could it be Cretaceous? There is a lot of Cretaceous Limestone in Texas.? I used to live in Austin and it's everywhere.? I used to find all kinds of fossil shells during my trips; I even found a Crocodile's tooth on a research study site where hundreds of dinosaur tracks were discovered;? I had to turn it over to the University.? I also found a single dinosaur track on a limestone ledge near a road - but no way to get it out.

I guess there could be fossil meteorites there.

Greg S.