[meteorite-list] AD-New Diogenite, Howardite, ebay auctions

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:54:08 -0400

Greetings Gary and List,

I want to say how amazing and unique this new material is. I have had
the pleasure of working with some of this material first-hand, and I
greatly enjoyed the process because these meteorites are so
interesting.

NWA 6391 is unlike any diogenite I have ever seen. It has a deep red
coloration and plentiful metal inclusions - much more so than the vast
majority of diogenites. It also takes a wonderful smooth polish and
the crust is absolutely fresh. It is a pity the TKW of this meteorite
is so small, because there isn't much of this material to go around.

NWA 6386 is stunning to look at. It has a glassy texture that takes a
superior polish well beyond 1500 grit. You can see your reflection
the polish if you turn the piece in the light. The clasts are
numerous and some of them have a rounded shape that is similar to how
a chondrule appears.

NWA 6393 is one of the freshest howardites I've had the pleasure of
seeing. The presence of several unoxidized iron inclusions and a lack
of staining on the virgin-grey matrix is refreshing to see, compared
to many hot desert howardites that are stained orange from oxidation.
This howardite also has plentiful clasts and lots of visual interest.

I have micromounts of all three of these meteorites and they are
wonderful additions to any catalogue of Vestan meteorites. Don't
hesitate on these specimens, because all of them have very low to
moderately-low TKW's and they won't last long.

Keep up the great work Gary in bringing these meteorites to light. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com