[meteorite-list] metachondrite

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:19:50 -0700

All:

I wondering if at some time as more of these meta or'7-s' are found, there could be classification system implemented like there currently is for the 3-type.? There is 3.0 through 3.9 based on further analysis; how about a 6.1 through 6.9, were the higher number represent more metamorphism, and other unique changes in the re-crystallization.

Just a thought.

Greg S.