[meteorite-list] Up date on NV dry lake bed hunt

From: ontheroad at usairborne.com <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:53:18 -0700

Hi All, I just wanted to send out an update on our Nevada, Dry Lake Bed Hunt
on our way south. Last time I wrote we were at Coledale junction at HWY 9 &
HWY 95 in central NV. The last two Nv dry lake bed Columbus flats turned out
to be salt marsh type of soil. So I about got stuck 4 to 5 time and scared
myself, I pulled the plug on that hunt. Then we went to the next lake bed
down the hwy toward Tonopah Nv. Same thing a salt marsh again. So Terri and
I got nothing on my last few lake beds or salt marsh lakes beds. Next
lakebed I got to hunt was a Cuddleback in CA. I got a little bit of hunting
in before it blew down with blowing dust. We got out of there and headed to
our flying home base at El Mirage dry lake bed.
The day after we got there it rained two days and nights, flooding the lake
bed, turning it into a lake. It washed all the roads out around us here at
the north campground. But we are still enjoying of time relaxing and waiting
for it to turn back into a DRY lake bed, to teach flying on.

Scott Johnson
U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC
Eagles Nest Airpark
Sport Pilot C.F.I WSC-L WSC-S