[meteorite-list] Attention Steve Arnold: Divining Iron Meteorites

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:37:58 -0600

Sorry, I've met Randi on several occasions, and I can assure you he is no
fraud, and he is pulling no cons. He is well respected by those who seek to
keep pseudoscience in check.

I'm hardly impugning the German people. I'm simply pointing out, as somebody
who lived there for a while, that Germans are more likely than people in
many other developed countries to believe in homeopathy and dowsing for
underground water. People are the product of their cultures; most Germans I
challenged regarding these beliefs had simply never given them a second
thought. Once they did... the smarter ones displayed some skepticism. There
are things all of us take for granted that are factually wrong; unless
something comes our way to make us think about them critically, we may never
question these things at all.

(I'm not big on German beer, though. The Belgians and the English have that
one all tied up.)

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory