[meteorite-list] dowsing for meteorites--had to try it

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 08:12:53 -0600

Dowsing this way has always been an amusing party trick, like a Ouija board.
It takes an imperceptible shift in position to make the rods move, so all
sorts of unconscious cues can make it happen. As a result, the rods seem to
have a mind of their own. But the important thing to realize is that they
only "work" in a situation when the operator has enough information to
control them- even if that control is unconscious.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com