[meteorite-list] Clay meteorites?

From: star-bits at tx.rr.com <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:32:29 -0400

As I recall Tim Swindle (U of AZ) did noble gas studies of Lafayette carbonate clays. I doubt you are going to find a big chunk of clay, it will be a minor portion of the overall stone and may not be decernable by the naked eye.

--
Eric Olson
610 W. Moore Rd

Do you own a CI or a CM? Then you have a meteorite with clay minerals in it!

Larry>

> After reading this article, I have a question:
> Do we have to keep an open mind to the possibility of finding a "clay
> meteorite"?
> -- Bob V.
>
> <http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/news/breakingorbit/2010/10/geminids
-meteor-shower-driven-by-exploding-clays.html>
--
Eric Olson
610 W. Moore Rd