[meteorite-list] One small sniff for man...

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

Too bad they didn't publish this "news" item a few months earlier.
It would have made a great reference in my Sept. Bob's Findings article:
<http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2010/sep10-N15970.htm>

--------------------------
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1320115/One-small-sniff-man-Artists-create-posters-smell-like-Moon.html>

One small sniff for man:
Artists create posters 'that smell like the Moon'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:35 AM on 13th October 2010

It is the ultimate gift for any would-be astronaut.

Scientists have come up with 'scratch-and-sniff' posters which smell just like moon.

They created the one-off prints by working with Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke,? who described the moon dust-residue which attached to his space suit in the 1970s as 'like spent gunpowder'.?

'Flavourist' Steven Pearce took Duke's description as well as scientific reports of the make-up of the moon's surface, to come up with the scent, which was then converted in a laboratory to an ink for the ?35 prints.?

They are now being sold as 27 x 17cm artworks through Edinburgh Printmakers - as the creation of printers Sue Corke and Hagen Betzwieser and their partnership called 'We Colonised the Moon'.

The pair have made 300 limited edition Moon prints, while seven larger prints are available for ?270 a piece.

Makers of the scented prints promise buyers will have the authentic smell of the Moon in their home for a whole year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1320115/One-small-sniff-man-Artists-create-posters-smell-like-Moon.html#ixzz12Rb82arn