[meteorite-list] Diving rods

From: Paul G. Spears <pgspears_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:47:10 -0700

Hi, all:
I have entertained children, adults, and skeptics for years with the
crossing clothes hangers, but never once have I had the wires bend down of
their own accord toward a spot on the ground. They will cross and uncross
frequently as I walk along of their own accord, and they do so fairly
quickly.
I have never tried to find water or pipes or anything else, just had fun
with something that is mysterious to many. Anyone who is not afraid to
experience the unknown can invest in a pair of wire clothes hanger, cut off
the twisted part, straighten the remaining wires, then bend them 90 degrees
about 4 or 5 inches from one end, grip those two ends just tight enough to
hold the wires out in front, and walk along, any direction.
Explain it if you can and must, but for me it will continue to be just fun.
The kids like it that way.
Enjoy,
Paul Spears