[meteorite-list] Stop Naysaying! (Was: Try divining rods over alarge iron)

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:02:36 +0200

Dear Chris...

And how do you explain "scientifically proven..." that you are
living, breathing... and interacting on this forum ?

Come on... read the late article on Newton by New York Times.
I am sure alchemy is on your list with astrology and so on.

Try to stay humble, especially if you are on an observatory !

There are too many charlatans unfortunately... that's also why
someone like Newton was doing his alchemical researches in
a kind of secrecy, to avoid comments like yours.

Darren recently put a link to one of my previous post on the list,
I invite you to read it again.

Btw, I am a certified Engineer in Agronomy, with 5 years studies
on chemicals, biology etc... and many, many years of practicing.

It just happened... that my scholarly certitudes... were brutally
confronted with the empiric knowledge in so called underdeveloped
countries when I was in my late 20s, in Africa, Asia, South America...

You would be surprised to ear, that the major and world known
Agronomical Research Center in France (INRA) called a "healer"
to fix telluric forces which made their horses get nuts on their way
to their pasture, about 20 years ago. It did work, to the pleasure
of the researching team and the horses... :)

But this is just "old grandma" recipes... no ?
BTW, the "magical"... lets say, unknown to the scientists, power
of the "chicken", actually "hen" soup has been proven.

Doesn't that make you/us humble, we "scientists"... ???

There is a main stream science... and another one...

And I definitely like the recent quote from Einstein, that I discovered with
infinite pleasure...

Enjoy ! Cheers !
Michael B.