[meteorite-list] AD: New Classified CV3

From: Matthew Martin <mmartin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:15:06 -0500

Hello Fellow Listoids,

I'd like to introduce you to a brand new CV3 from the deserts of
Northwest Africa. It is NWA 6159 (Provisional). I acquired a large
662g stone early this year and submitted a sample for study and
classification. Analysis and classification was performed by A.
Irving of the University of Washington.

Analysis:

Well-formed ellipsoidal to irregular, granular chondrules (some
concentrically layered with ?dust? rims) and sparse PO chondrules,
plus coarse grained CAI (composed of gehlenite, spinel, perovskite,
taenite, troilite and Cr-bearing (?)magnetite or metal) and rare
amoeboid olivine aggregates (AOA), in a very fine grained dark brown,
ferroan matrix. Olivine (Fa1.9-10.9), orthopyroxene (Fs3.7Wo0.6),
clinopyroxene (Fs4.8Wo33.9). W2, S1.

-

All typs of pieces are available on my website
(www.meteoritetreasures.com), including whole individuals, end-cuts,
and slices. Price varies from $5/g to $10/g. All large slices were
cut by Matt Morgan using his state-of-the-art wire saw. Given the
friability of this meteorite, pieces were not polished after cutting
and may exhibit wire saw marks. Clicking the pictures on my website
will open a full sized image with greater detail.

I was able to acquire some additional material after the initial main
mass and I have many small complete individuals available as well.
List members receive 10% off of my website prices.

I'll take this opportunity to also mention that I have 20 auctions up
on ebay that will extend throughout this week. Some rare (and not so
rare) material. My eBay username is meteoritetreasures

Thanks for looking. Aloha!

Matthew Martin
Meteorite Treasures
www.meteoritetreasures.com