[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey THEMIS Images: October 4-8, 2010

From: Jerry Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:22:25 -0400

A little geologic help please.
In the image "Alba Mons Tectonics" could someone elucidate and elaborate on
the tectonic features shown.
Are we looking at a rift at one or both parallel "lines" depicted and if so:
are the lines related
what is the direction of the movement
what specific features demonstrate this movement
any other features which demonstrate tectonic activity that I'm not seeing
Thanks to any respondents in advance
Jerry Flaherty