[meteorite-list] Dennis Cox reports YD ice comet fragment airburst melt rocks now in labs for expert study: cosmictusk.blog: Rich Murray 2010.10.08

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 00:14:35 -0600

http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.htm
Friday, October 8, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/72
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

I would enjoy guiding people for free to walk over public access sites in
Santa Fe, New Mexico...

"And the first specimens of actual airburst melt are only now finding their
way into labs that are capable of wringing the truth out of them.
We do have the technology to define an accurate set of marker criteria to
differentiate between airburst melt and its volcanogenic cousin.
And I am no longer the only one reading the blast affected materials of the
impact zones.
There are others on the trail now much better qualified to study those
materials than I am."

http://cosmictusk.com/tusk-exclusive-vance-holliday-provides-powerful-critique-of-the-younger-dryas-boundary-theory/comment-page-1#comment-2639

Dennis Cox [ http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/ ]
October 6th, 2010 at 9:55 pm

How are you defining 'survivors', when we can't even say yet with certainty
who the victims were?
A healthy human can walk from one side of this continent to the other in a
single year.
As for time it takes for resettling on foot; my great, great, great
grandfather did so, over the Oregon trail, with a pregnant wife and 8 kids
in tow.
A human family could easily move from anywhere in the areas of survivability
into the most blasted areas of the total extinction zones in a single
season. Especially a family of the most successful hunter-gathers since
primates first came down out of the trees.

I have yet to hear anyone who can convincingly nail down the geochronology
to a resolution of better than +/- 100 years.
So I don't see enough resolution in the archeological data or the
geochronology, to believe that anyone can tell the whether chief
Farts-In-His-Tent actually survived an impact storm with a little singed
hair, or was just the first person to hike back into an area with his family
and find the ashes and roasted remains of the former inhabitants.

The world is only now starting to wake up to the realization that airburst
events can and commonly do produce significant planetary scarring.
And the first specimens of actual airburst melt are only now finding their
way into labs that are capable of wringing the truth out of them.
We do have the technology to define an accurate set of marker criteria to
differentiate between airburst melt and its volcanogenic cousin.
And I am no longer the only one reading the blast affected materials of the
impact zones.
There are others on the trail now much better qualified to study those
materials than I am.

The empirical truth is written in stone in intricate detail in the isotope
mix, detailed chemistry, and emplacement motions of the easily identifiable
blast affected materials of the event.
That's where the final word is.
It's in the rocks of the actual impact zones and quantifiable data.
And not where we think 'survivors' may have been.

Over the next decade, the mystery of the Younger Dryas impact storms, their
chronology, and most of the details will be almost completely worked out.
And when the whole world has come to understand exactly what happened, it
will be a testament to the resiliency of life itself that the final
remaining mystery will be how anything at all could possibly have survived
in North America.

Dennis Cox
October 6th, 2010 at 10:36 am

Hi Ed [Grondine],

If we can ever get the chemistry, and geo-chronology untangled, we should
see that the Taurid airburst storms have been a reoccurring disaster for
millennia since the main event.
And that multiple airburst, geo-ablative impact storms are the common rule.
Not the exception.
They have happened many times, all over the world.
And the Taurids aren't through with us.

I think you have a better handle on the oral traditions of America's first
peoples than anyone alive.
But the better I understand the nature of the energies and geomorphology of
these events, the more I think the oral traditions are all from people who
were a safe distance away, well over the horizon.

They describe the objects flying over head like the gods are throwing
thunderbolts.
And they describe the after effects.
But we don't hear any accounts of anyone being blinded or roasted alive by
the flash of light.
In those oral traditions of the first peoples, I don't hear any mention of
the radiant flash.

Although, I can show you numerous glacial ridges flash melted and blown over
to the north and northwest.
Like sheets and runnels, of melted wax on the side of a candle.
Along with compelling evidence that the glaciers among those ridges were
evaporated instantly.

We hear rock described as "red hot".
But that's only 700 to 900 degrees F.
The atmospheric conditions that got them that hot would have been thousands
of degrees, not just hundreds.

There are many mountain ranges in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado which did get
their tops blown off like that recently by airburst storms.

But thanks to the energies involved, watching such a geo-ablative airburst
first hand, without eye protection, will have the same consequences for your
eyes as watching a very large nuclear blast.
The retinal damage will be total and permanent.
If you live, you will spend the rest of your life talking about the last
thing you ever saw.

So in those survivor stories we don't really hear any eye witness accounts
of an airburst of sufficient power to blow the top off a mountain.
Only the accounts of people who went into an area soon after the event, and
recognized the geologic changes.
The oral accounts still hold up.
But not as direct eye witness accounts.

And if those oral traditions go all the way back to before the 'main event'
12,900 YA, and the original tellers were makers of Clovis points, why did
they change to a completely different flint knapping technology?
And why don't any of those stories describe the switch?
Or the cultural or technological, imperative to do so?

Dennis Cox blog, plain text, with images of samples of magnetic black glaze
on melt rocks from 13 Ka ice comet fragment extreme plasma storm geoablation
in Fresno, California: Rich Murray 2010.07.02
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.htm
Friday, July 2, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/53
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

Vance Holliday shares critique of the Younger Dryas Boundary impact theory,
responding to many comments: www.cosmictusk.com Rich Murray 2010.10.03
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.htm
Sunday, October 3, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/71
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

large expansion of fine website with global images and sensible
ideas re Holocene ice comet fragment impacts:
Pierson Barretto: Rich Murray 2010.09.24
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.htm
Friday, September 24, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/69
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

Rich Murray, MA
Boston University Graduate School 1967 psychology,
BS MIT 1964, history and physics,
1943 Otowi Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
505-501-2298 rmforall at comcast.net

http://RMForAll.blogspot.com new primary archive

group with 148 members, 1,613 posts in a public archive

group with 1215 members, 24,105 posts in a public archive

participant, Santa Fe Complex www.sfcomplex.org