[meteorite-list] Marcin's NWA 6309 eucrite

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 07 Oct 2010 17:59:37 UT

Hello All,

On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Marcin introduced his latest eucrite
to us: NWA 6309, a polymict, silica- and plagioclase-rich eucrite.

Today I finally got my 8.7-gram slice and one of the thin sections
he is offering.

Even though this is not my first eucrite (meanwhile there are 86 eucrites
+ 10 eucrite TS in my collection), I must say that this NWA 6309 is a real
"crystal beauty" - both in hand sample as well as in cross-polarized light!

Brown, sugary crystals (like those of Agoult), beautiful, well-developed
ilmenite crystals, abundant snow-white plagioclase, and so much more!

Cheers,

Bernd