[meteorite-list] El Djouf CR2 Offer (ad) part 2 - El Djouf 001 CR2

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:36:58 -0600

Back when NWA were popularly known only as the initials for "Northwest
Airlines", a collector would wait years to fill the rarer
classifications for his/her "type collection." Rumarutis,
acapulcoites, angrites and the like were beyond the budgets of most
people.

Such was the case with CR2's. No one offered name sake Renazzo as the
great repositories of the world hadn't yet dealt their true rarities
for "exotic NWA" species.

In the late-1990's, I purchased El Djouf to fill the CR2
classification. I've had a lot of fun studying this gorgeous
meteorite. If research is your thing, papers about El Djouf 001 talk
about noble gases, olivine glass inclusions and dark clasts. The
primordial nebula comes in play. It's what meteorites are about to
me.... read the papers, know the rock, let your mind expand with the
realities of what you hold in your hand.

El Djouf 001 CR2
Tanezrouft, Algeria
Found October, 1989
TKW - Thirty specimens collected weighing 1,250 grams.

Weight of specimen offered today - 1.2 grams
Measures 13x10x4mm
S2, W2.

Take a look here - http://community.webshots.com/album/578724542MyZzYc

The only sample of El Djouf 001 I can find for sale is with Russ
Kempton who offers 0.005 grams for $15 ($3,000/gm.)

I'll sacrifice this to create more copies of "The Art of Collecting
Meteorites" for $300/gm or $360 + mail to wherever.

Please email me to confirm purchase before depositing Paypal funds.

>From Nine Degrees North,

Kevin Kichinka
MARSROX at gmail.com
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com