[meteorite-list] WG: Close-up of Iron Martian Meteorite

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:01:18 +0100

Hi Martin,

Technically there are space treaty's that are already in place, though not everyone is signed up or ratified (as usual with treaty's!). So no nation has recognized rights of ownership over space. (Basically this is a massive cop out), and as far as i'm concerned whoever recovers the rock is the owner, so any volunteers to go to Mars and get it?!

To be honest we are a long way off ownership disputes on Mars, as we can't even agree over who owns the oil under the Arctic!!

Nearer on the horizon is just wait till they start Harvesting He3 from the Moon - that will probably cause some clashes!!

Mark