[meteorite-list] Looks exactly like Chassigny, but is not !

From: Fabien Kuntz <wwmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:07:34 +0100 (BST)

Hello list,

this times looking for terrstrial rocks analog to some meteorite type, I have
found this one, a terrestrial dunite (major constituents of the Earth's mantle
above a depth

of about 400 kilometers), amazingly close in look to the Chassigny meteorite, a
martian dunite.

In the binocular, the same fine grained olivine, with the same tiny deep green
chromite grains. I have put into the webpage links to high resolution pictures
for you can judge. If I had not the card/CAO from the local university with the
one I

trade it, located 80Km to the Chassigny village (yes I live in Besan?on : 15Km
of Ornans, and 80Km of Chassigny!!!), I might have doubts...

A sugar like structure for the fine grained specimens (fragile), but one was
coarser grained, and I have decided to sliced it... Seems to come from the same
locality...

http://wwmeteorites.com/TerrestrialDunite.html

Fabien