[meteorite-list] First attempt at photographing thin sections

From: Starsinthedirt at aol.com <Starsinthedirt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:01:30 EDT

Absolutely wonderful! Every one should take a look. Very well done!

Now that you have jumped on this train you are in for quite a ride. Given
your photography skills, you will soon be amazing us all.

My tip. Now that you have seen what can be done, loose the plastic
polarizing film. Buy cheap glass camera polarizes or sacrifice a couple you
already have lying around. Cut them to size with your rock saw (Any diamond
blade, water cooled tile saw will do). You will enjoy your time spent much
more.

Tom

In a message dated 10/5/2010 4:01:59 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,