[meteorite-list] Amateur Meteoriticists?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:43:56 -0400

Richard, Martin,
Very good question.
It seems to me that unless you are getting paid for something. You are an amateur?
I'm not sure if Marvin Kilgore gets paid but his name appears on a number of publications.
Dean bessy gets paid.
Also I seem to see others listed on papers such as Hupe and Haag etc.
Does it take a Ph,d getting paid in that field to be a pro? Or would a Ph,d getting paid in geology work as well?
Would a certain VIP working at a scope in the Catalina's who discovered 2008 TC3 be a meteoriticist?
 If so, which variety?

Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza