[meteorite-list] Meteorite miniatures

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 14:55:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Dave and List,

It is held in some educated quarters that the fusion crusted meteorite depicted, is exactly that, and that it is depicted in the paintings being placed in the rebuilt (approx. 7th Century) Kaa'ba in Mecca. The most revered site in Islam.

Further, there is a good argument that the meteorite being lugged around in chariots in Assyrian and other middle eastern texts, carvings, and sculpture, is the same "Black Stone" that Muslims kiss (now just point at) while circling the building on their Haj to Mecca.

Thank you Martin for the post. It was serendipity that you put up the photos unsolicited, as they are very important to some work I'm about to undertake.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536