[meteorite-list] meteorite the floats??

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:19:32 -0600

Yes, Martin and Murray you are right that ebay may try to regulate meteorite
selling too much and to extremes. I do agree with a simple tweaking of their
categories as you both mentioned, and as I mentioned I was just going with
the flow on this and making suggestions on the moment and wasn't casting
them in stone, but just throwing them out there.

This of course would need a great deal of input and tweaking to make it work
and to finalize it, but of course someone must first start with ebay to even
get them half way interested in the idea since they don't normally pay much
attention to buyers or sellers. It would take some pressure to get them to
sit down and listen to our ideas for improvements since they enjoy having
panels of employees brain storm and get overpaid for most of their
suggestions and changes. They do however sometimes bring in sellers and
buyers for ideas and with the big time sellers in the meteorite field I
think they might possibly take some suggestions if they were bombarded with
suggestions so to speak with cleaning up their meteorite search.

I also dislike weeding through 5,000 meteorite auctions that include
make-up, watches and other things that have meteorite in the name. I
remember 10 years ago when I first started collecting in 2000 when on ebay
you typed in meteorite and it came up with between 500-800 as a total and
that even included that crazy meteorite brand make-up and I don't think
there were any watches in 2000.

Ah yes, times they have changed.

Have a great evening everyone.

Brian Cox