[meteorite-list] Ice Meteorites From Jesus

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:39:26 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm not saying this to bash eBay. But eBay is not interested (or
capable) of determining what a legit meteorite is. If meteorites
become problematic for eBay, they might ban their listings entirely.
Or they might get overzealous and start hazing meteorite sellers the
way they do with sellers of pearls. (Just ask Dean Bessey about that
one)

The best thing a meteorite buyer can do (in regards to eBay) is to
educate themselves on space rocks. There is a lot of good information
available on the web for the interested newbie, if they spend some
time looking.

Some of these bogus listings we see don't make sense to me. It must
cost a good bit of cash to list a $20,000 item, less yet a $200,000
item. The listing fee alone is nothing to scoff at. It's costing
some of these people a ton of cash to list these specimens and eBay is
cashing in whether the rock sells or not.

Take the Martian Blood Vessel guy for example - he keeps listing the
same high-dollar items over and over, and nobody is buying them. So
he must be in pretty deep already on listing fees alone. I bet that
guy has spent a couple of grand on listing fees alone. He needs to
sell one of those specimens just to recoup his listing fees.

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com