[meteorite-list] Ice Meteorites From Jesus

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:39:07 -0800 (PST)

> "I prayed for Jesus to send me an ice meteorite, because I knew it would be
> quite valuable," Duane P. Snyder, 65, said of the chunk of ice he found on a
> South Haven roadway in 2000.

This is very reminiscent of the 'Frass' rock that Mike Moore claimed was
a Mars meteorite. Moore said the rock he found was a sign from God, and it would be
worth a lot of money if it was a Mars meteorite. He also claimed the dead spider
he found in a crack in the rock was proof it was from Mars. A visual inspection of the
rock indicated the rock was not even a meteorite, and a lab analysis of the rock
confirmed it was a volcanic Earth rock, not uncommon in the region where Moore
found the rock.

Ron