[meteorite-list] BLACK FRIDAY POP QUIZ Answer

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:21:23 -0500

Hi Richard and all,

If one figures the cost of going to the moon the returned lunar
material as the only benifit, then the cost of $44,537,594.97 would be
correct. However there were many, many other benifits as well. All of
the NASA spin offs that many of us enjoy today including computers,
velcrov, freeze dried foods and the list goes on in many ways I can't
list have to also be taken into consideration.

There are thousands of things that mankind has benifited from the space
program.
I would suggest that the cost of the lunar material coming from the
moon to be only one of those benifits and the cost of the lunar
material to be in the $50,000 to $200,000 per gram range. I have no
effective way to figure exactly but my guess non the less.

Most respectfully

--AL Mitterling