[meteorite-list] Ad - Big Sale! Partial Liquidation of Collection

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:19:43 -0500

Hello List,

I rarely sell my meteorites but I?m ready for some up grades and some
changes. My collecting habits and interests have altered course
somewhat, nearly imperceptibly over time, but none the less they are
changing. I was reading about some historic stuff just the other day
and I nearly had an epiphany, hence the sale.

Here is a small portion of my personal collection. Some prices listed
are firm, some are negotiable, and some are ?Best Offer? with or
without a reserve price. If you see anything you like but the price is
too high, make an offer. I should also point out that I would take a
reduced price on the whole lot, if you care to make me an offer.

Provenance is excellent with few exceptions. Those few were bought long
ago from unknown sellers, or I don?t have notes of the sale and my
memory fails me. I don't always have exact dates or in-situ picturesof
my early finds.

Sorry, no Park Forest, still can't part with the hammer. No Mifflin
either, I sold more than I wanted and it nearly killed me!

I can send pictures of anything you see listed and may be interested
in, so don?t hesitate to ask.

Shipping is included with all U.S. sales over $20.00. A small fee will
apply to others according to cost.

Thanks for looking
Larry

It?s kind of late so I?ll respond to inquiries in the morning.

Ash Creek
61.1 gram
98-99 % crusted individual. Jet black and awesome! This is what a fresh
meteorite looks like.

Found by Karl Aston on the ?Hell No!? Ranch.?

Background,
Karl and I were the first and maybe the only ones to ever get
permission to hunt that property. In the words of the land owner: ?Do
you know why my wife and I have decided to let you two hunt?? ?No Sir?
I said, ?Because you?re the first ones to come to the house without a
damn business card.? Words of a Texas Rancher.

Price: Best offer with a reserve. Don?t be skeerd though, it?s very
reasonable and I dare say the lowest price you will find anywhere, try
me.

Vaca Muerta
8.38 g
Polished end cut. Very nice.
$45.00 obo

Allende
2.1 gram half stone.
CV3.2
$18.00

Shirokovsky
106 gram PallaWrong
Russia
$70.00

Franconia
39.35 g
H5 O.C. Individual that is a half stone as found.
Recovered by me in 2007
I may be able to find a picture I took of this one in-situ with
coord?s. If that interests you let me know.
$50.00

Norton County Kansas
Multiple frag?s adding up to .81 grams
Aubrite
Witnessed fall
Best Offer no reserve

Gold Nugget with Quartz
I found this in the late 1990?s at Gold Basin while hunting meteorites.
It is a somewhat smoothed specimen, not like the jagged ones I found
there.
Weight is 1.73 grams
$99.00 or Best offer

NWA 869
Needs no description. If you don?t know, look it up!

One Big Chunk which is a little rare these days.
1.129 Kg. Individual, missing some slices from one end that are listed
for sale below.

Background;

I visited Dean Bessey in Toronto a few years before he moved to the
other side of the Planet and was fortunate to pick this up. It has
graced my collection for many years. It has been handed from person to
person at rock clubs where I gave meteorite presentations and from kid
to kid at different schools I?ve spoken at. I will miss it but it?s
time to move on!
$600.00 or best offer, it?s gotta go.

NWA 869
Unpolished full Slices
75.3g
$51.00

53.9 gram Full Slice with Big white inclusion thingy in it.
$36.00

32.1 gram Attractive End Cut
$22.00

23.5 gram Full Slice with huge white inclusion thingy in it.
$16.00

?Clarkston? Meteor Wrong
1.73 gram
Has spinel crystals like the ones found in KT boundary and other impact
debris layers.
Very cool stuff! One of my all time best finds!
$35.00

Dag 956
?The Christmas? meteorite.
Part Slices, Some with good crust. $1.25 a gram.
I bought these from the finder a few years ago.
29.8g
21.2g
7.0
6.1

Gold Basin
60.58 gram Whole Individual.

History;
This is the fourth meteorite I ever found. Back in 1997 before I knew
of computers and GPS, the ?List? and all that jazz, I put a number on
it with white paint. It?s #4.
$125.00 or best.

Huckita
40 gram ancient Pallasite, polished slice with Haag card.
Nice!
$50.00

Dhofar 007
Eucrite
5 gram super thin slice with great surface to weight ratio.
There were suspicions this may have a Mercury connection but I think
that?s been laid to rest, any input?
$110.00

Gujba
1.3 gram Bencubinite
I bought this from M. Taylor a few years ago. I really like it, perhaps
one of the most unique meteorites I?ve ever looked at, but I?m done
with this one, too small.
$50.00

.15 gram frag
$10.00

Holbrook
I guess I would be remiss if I didn?t include some of my Holbrook I
found back in 2007.
(See ?Meteorite? Magazine, November 2007)

Pieces from the largest Holbrook find in decades.

13.2 gram Full slice of the largest fragment associated with the find.
Excellent crust on the long edge. This is the last one I have like
this. Holbrook specimens this large are nearly impossible to find.
$180.00

Speaking of nearly impossible to find?

966 gram Main Piece of the big 1.45 Kg find. I?m not very motivated to
sell but if I got the right offer I might move on it.

Best Offer / Substantial Reserve. Serious inquiries and offers only,
please.

1.36 gram frag no crust.
$10.88

.80 gram frag.
no crust
$6.40

.53g frag.
with crust
$4.25

Putorana
36.18 gram anomalous basalt Meteor Wrong
Super Cool and rarer than a meteorite!
$65.00 or best offer.

Mt. Tazerzait
L5 23.2 gram part slice. Fall from 1991.
A real interesting meteorite with some fantastic crystals in the
vesicles. I have micro photo?s I?ll send to the buyer as an added
bonus.

$165.00 or best

Bensour
LL6
4 gram fragment with magnificent crust on one side. Witnessed fall from
2002. Very Fresh.
>From the Hupe Collection.
$35.00

Sudbury Impact Material

200+ grams, my scale doesn?t go high enough to weigh it.
I have no idea what I paid for it, make me a fair offer and it?s yours.

Unclassified NWA
CV3?
4.8 gram Half Stone
Not to start all that pairing B.S. but after I bought this rock in
Tucson from a Moroccan, I heard it came from the batch that was later
classified as NWA 4759. I?m not saying it is, it has no pedigree, but
if these types are on your ?to buy? list this may be for you.

$50.00 or Best

NWA 1882
2.5 Gram Polished Slice Mesosiderite
I bought it from SR Meteorites several years ago. A great little piece
with a lot going on inside!
$35.00 or best

Zag
49.6 gram crusty half stone. This crust is really thick which is
evident when looking at the cut face. I believe they found salt water
in this meteorite making it somewhat important!
I?m not sure where I got this piece but if you are reading this and you
know you sold or traded me a piece of Zag in the last 7 years or so,
let me know. Ryan? Was it you?
$160.00 or best

Tatahoine
Diogenite
7.4 grams is big when you start talking Tat! I bought this from Erich
Haiderer.
$120.00

NWA 4039
Achondrite, Eucrite. TKW 950 g.
1.74 gram part slice
$40.00 or best

JaH 073
22.5 gramcomplete slice
$12.00
Assorted Slices
.50 a gram let me know what you need.

Howardite?
I traded for this stuff a few years ago in Tucson and have since
managed to lose the label. I have no idea what it is or what I paid for
it.

4.2 gram part slice
1.17 g part slice
.98 g part slice

Beautiful stuff, ask for pictures and make offer.

Dag 881
3.41 gram Howardite part slice with some crust.
$40.00

NWA 2965 Relic Enstatite Chondrite.
EL3
153 gram $46.00