[meteorite-list] List History Book?

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:10:17 -0800

Howdy List...let's see. I've been peripheral for only a couple years...and
there's one book I don't have in my library (well a bunch, especially Monica
Grady's, but I'm still searching...)

Nope, the one I want to read is a history of this List, all the Peyton Place
crap which as I am just now coming to understand subjugates so much of the
heart and soul of you original participants' content. Just this suggestion
alone may cause an avalanche of thought and a race to see who can write the
first worthy List History Book. As a writer, (yes, really), I simply am
late to the scene and don't have the personal strories under my belt. I bet
there are are a bunch, as we are witnessing lately.

(I will gladly participate. Perhaps, write it myself. Who want's to?
Write me off-site with stories?)

And here's another perspective for you all (the Walrus isn't Tom.)
....Having rapidly followed this familiar trend
(irons>chondrites>achondrites, and landing on achondtrites as my own
personal facination)...along the way I've also landed on the artistic nature
of our pals from space, putting it to paper and canvas.

Tom Phillips is such an amazing artist, unto his own...he has defined a new
medium that transcends science. What Tom is doing is ground-breaking on so
many levels.

As a recent post asked...."What happened, did I miss something?"