[meteorite-list] sulphurous smell of meteorites (wasTemperature of meteor...

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:51:16 EST

Well, Shawn,

I had not thought of that, but since you asked, and since I have a
relatively large fragment of Murray (thank you ASU!) I do to check. And I am sorry
but I really didn't smell much of anything, maybe a vaguely sharp smell,
somewhat peppery, but was it really there or wishful thinking?

And I also check a small fragment of Murchison, I am sorry but this one is
either too smal, or has been around too long, I did not smell anything.

And no I don't have a cold, my nose is working.
Sorry Shawn.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
http://www.imca.cc/

In a message dated 11/24/2010 11:19:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,