[meteorite-list] "Hopewell" meteorites

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:30:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

Thanks Bernd for the citations. I suppose Steve and Geoff did not recover any organic remains from Brenham which might allow carbon dates, but then my guess is even if they had the dates would have been far too young due to neutron release in impact.

Right now I am particularly interested in any data on ancient mirrors made from meteorites.

Another topic - For Carancas, perhaps a variant of Boslough's new impact model may explain what was seen: the dissociated blast materials retained their momentum.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas