[meteorite-list] First Meteorite Hunt

From: Guenther <abe.guenther_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:53:15 -0500

Hi Steve,

I would never have imagined that you would reply to my story. Thanks a lot.

I am sure you have no idea what your show has done for adventure seekers. If
anyone is at all like me, then they would have to be a bit brain dead to not
be glued to the set when they see your discoveries on Meteorite Men. I don't
know what it is about my desire for adventure and discovery but it may have
to do with my upbringing. I am 11th out of 12 kids and had the privilege of
spending my teen years in West Texas. There I remember countless hours
hunting in the desert around the mesquite bushes for lizards and horny toads
with my cousin. I never knew much if anything about meteorites back then but
I remember the feelings of adventure being way out in the middle of nowhere.
When I got older I still wanted that feeling but couldn't really see the
thrill of lizard hunting anymore so I just chalked it up as memories. Now
with meteorite hunting, I can see myself spending countless hours in the
desert again. I like the feeling of being out there even if I don't find
anything. Even the first few days when I didn't find anything, I never once
got bored. Meteorite hunting brings out the little kid in me that never grew
up.

I can't understand how anyone could have anything bad to say about the
Meteorite Men show. I wouldn't take it seriously though. I have been in my
own business since I was 17 and have had to accept that there are always
going to be jealous people.

I didn't realize how unusual my story was until the responses. Thanks for
considering my story for your show. I would be honored to let you share it
if you decide to. If you do, let me know if you need anything from me.

PS: I just told my son I got an email from you and he thought that was
really cool.

Best Regards,

Abe Guenther