[meteorite-list] "Weston" on e-bay

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:47:12 -0500 (EST)

Friend Mike and Listees,

I've bought two Rolls Royce Spurs, two Lexus 300 series sedans, two Jeep Grand Cherokees, one new Ford Interceptor, one Mazda 6, a Honda 750 Shadow Aero, two hot boats, a Ford tow truck and about $50,000 worth of assorted personal property... and at least $20,000 worth of small meteorites. Since 1999, I have had but one problem purchase. A big concreted Nantan (slag) that I paid less for than what it cost to ship.

My purchases are small potatoes compared to many eBayers on this List. One Listee I know has dealt a seven figure amount in ten years on eBay with less than a handful of bad deals. I agree with your old saying, "Let the buyer beware."

I think Ebay is a great way to buy and sell. Why beat up on them? How the hell do they know a meteorwrong from a meteorite.. unless someone tells them? Just where are they wrong in this "Weston" deal?

Best to all,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536