[meteorite-list] "Weston" on e-bay

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:30:54 -0800 (PST)

This isn't even hematite that I can fathom but silicated slag from smelting.
There is a lot of high quality magnetite in the region but not much hematite
until you get further southwest into Pennsylvania.

When the slag is chipped up from the furnace floor can fractures along fiberous
lines if there is a large iron oxide content. You can see fiberous looking
lineral fractures like one of these pieces shows. But even botryodial hematie
doesn't show bubbles/vesicles.

Elton