[meteorite-list] "Weston" on e-bay

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:38:50 -0800

Hello Linton,
On the contrary - both of the links that you posted are to auctions of
botryoidal hematite specimens, and the seller has an additional
auction with a collection of small hematite pieces.
You can tell by looking for the round, bubbly shaped protuberances
visible on the specimen featured in the first ebay auction you linked
to. The second auction features a nice lamellar fragment of hematite
as well - it spalled off of a larger fragment (the seller notes that
it spalled off of *something* in the description, making it sound all
the more like legitimate fraud to me).
Either the seller was lied to, or he's passing them on fraudulently/knowingly.
I sure wish ebay would do something about this sort of crap...
Jason