[meteorite-list] Mojave Green Jeans - Images of a Killer Snake-Leonid Meteor Shower

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:55:15 -0500

 While we're on the off-topic of minority bashing: I live in an area with a
high concentration of Amish and Old-Order Mennonites. I don't know how many
times I've heard people say: "You know you have to pay higher taxes because
the Amish don't have to pay taxes because it's against their religion."
Yeah right, I'd convert in a minute if that was true! (It is true they don't
pay Social Security taxes though, which is probably where people get this
idea.)

Michael: Actually the medical industry is the number one industry in the US
making up 20% of the GDP and employing over 14 million people. A relative of
mine with cancer just topped out his insurance at $1 million dollars. And
that's just one guy! Look at the money they're making just off that one
disease.

Don't forget tonight from midnight till 3 am is the Leonid meteor shower.

Phil Whitmer

--------------------------------------

People always despise those they rip off.
The entire southwest was stolen by the US from Mexico -
When she was alive I used to love to hear my mother
In law talk about "the line in the dirt" that the US tried
To keep her separated from about a third of the family
Which lived on the other side when the line was actually
drawn. (They did the same thing to the local roving native
Americans - many were south of the line at the time the
Line was drawn, as they traveled about at differing times
Of the year from El Cajon to La Jolla to Baja and back -
They were never allowed to cross the line in the dirt again,
Leaving much of the tribe "American" and much of it "Mexican."
Any way, my M.I.L. used to smuggle sick babies,
parrots, whatever she wanted while my wife was growing
up and my wife, as an 11 year old girl would protest,
"But Mommie, this is smuggling and they will arrest us,"
and she would just say, "Oh don't be silly - it's just a line
in the dirt."
I cannot tell you how much I miss that one....
Michael (PS: Fascinating that people consider
Health care "an industry" - a commercial venture. While
They will have a hard time commercializing air, those on
The list under 50 will live to see water completely commercialized.
It isn't going to be a pretty picture.
Oh, ya, this is a METEORITE list !