[meteorite-list] Meteorite Girls help discover VERY close approaching NEO!

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:52:17 -0700

Yes Geoff. There is no time to answer the phone when you are defending the planet!

For those unfamiliar with the time I posted, closest approach will be about
10:45pm Eastern Standard Time, or 7:45pm Pacific, tonight.

You will need a large telescope to see it visually or one equipped with a CCD
camera. However at closest approach it will be traveling more than one degree
per minute across the sky so you'll need to be able to find it and then track
it. A bit of a daunting problem, but it should be easier to spot right now as it
is making its approach.

For those with the ability and equipment, use the Minor Planet Ephemeris
Generator to get the most up to date positions for your site.

http://scully.cfa.harvard.edu/~cgi/MPEph2

--
Richard