[meteorite-list] thin section storage

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:04:06 -0800

Hi Matt,
Have you looked at membranebox.com? These are great for large slabs but can
become a little expensive if you buy many.

This is not an AD but it is regarding a product aimed at small slices and
chips I'm trying to introduce to my website, I have an animation of a 1x2"
slice box here,
http://4-kats.homeip.net/auctionpics/MBoxes/SliceBox.mp4

This allows you to see all sides of the slice without having to remove it
from the box. I can send you a sample if you want to test it out and give me
some feedback. I AM NOT SELLING these at this time, but am still seeking
feedback. So if you are willing to give me feedback, I'd be glad to send one
of these out for your evaluation. If your slice is thicker than 1mm please
let me know and I can adjust the gap between cap and bottom.

If you are interested in round holders I can provide 40mm round cases that
are about 6mm thick, these cases also have siloxane coatings on the top and
bottom to hold your section securely and allow views of all surface without
removing slice from case. These will only accommodate slices up to 3mm
thick. THESE ARE ALSO NOT FOR SALE! I am only offering to share them with
you to get feedback and maybe offer them in the future. If you have micro
pieces, I can provide smaller round cases that will accommodate 1mm thick
chips and slices that don't exceed 20mm in any dimension.

Please contact me if you are interested in getting samples, I generally mail
tem out once a week and just ask for feedback in return.

Rob Holcomb
Meteorite storage and preservation
http://www.rholcomb.com