[meteorite-list] Meteorite Hunting Rats

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:27:44 -0800 (PST)

I am afraid in many states in the US transporting any non native specie into the state violates Game and Fish laws which have steep fines. Using rats with the possibility that they can escape may cost the user a bunch of money in fines. My personal beliefe is training any animal to recover meteorites or other material is a wonderful Idea. I have owned several rats as pets. They make great pets but have a short life span.