[meteorite-list] CAI from Allende in ultra hight resolution

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:25:50 EST

>>with my new reflecting light microscope I have fotographed a CAI from
Allende in ultra hight resolution.
The magnification is 600x and the original picture has a size of 12,000 x
9,000 pxls.
This picture shows the Melilite (CAI) crystal structure, which never
before was fotographed in a meteorite.
The picture was made under cross polarized light with shadowing technic.
It is a matrix cluster of 6 x 5 pictures.<<

It kinda reminds me of large hail stones that clump and cluster together.
GeoZay