[meteorite-list] Pros at Work II

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:10:43 -0500

Martin wrote:

"I mean, if two dogs are more successful than 8 or more trained scientists
with all the fancy equipment, then there is certainly still some more room
for improvements left."

Here's a few of the real hunters in the Outback:

Determined Dingo, "I'll sniff it out!"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/dingo.jpg

Casual Camels, "I wonder if the craters filled with water?"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/camel.jpg

The Australian "Hopper", "The meteorites are in my pouch!"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/kangaroo.jpg

"Lucky" the Lizard, "Which way do I go...?"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/lizard1.jpg

Another helpful lizard, "I think I saw it land over there!"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/lizard2.jpg

"Hey guys, can I hunt too?!"
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/lizard3.jpg

Were these alien pods left by a carbonaceous chondrite?
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/alienpods.jpg

Evidence from an early impact
http://www.lunarrock.com/Australia/australiaite1.jpg

Friday Fun, enjoy!

Greg

====================
Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)
gmhupe at htn.net
www.LunarRock.com
IMCA 3163
====================

Nja...Al,

there is room for improvements.

Their names are Brix & Hopper,
I tell it for the rhyme
they found us each a dropper
and had us cost no dime.

Lalala...

I mean, if two dogs are more successful than 8 or more trained scientists
with all the fancy equipment,
then there is certainly still some more room for improvements left.

Also I think, one shouldn't believe too much in certain laws,
I don't think, that after the big lonely meteoricist descended from the
Ayers Rock with the tablets of stone, that these laws are necessarily made
for eternity.
Probably it's only a question of generations. I mean they had there now fun
to test it for a long while, they saw, that it wasn't only good for nothing,
but made everything remarkably worse.
The laws there are simply outdated. We shall overcome.

;-)
Martin

PS. I fear e.g. in Western Australia it currently even doesn't help, if a
meteorite is found on private ground.
(Perhaps an old deep-rooted reflex of European Middle Ages, that they might
think, that meteorites are so devilish and dangerous, that they better
shouldn't be found, and if it happens though, that they have to be secured
by the authorities, to avoid damage... but I'm no ethnologist)

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----